We recently had the opportunity to try out the ZeroWater® Pitcher. If you are unfamiliar with the ZeroWater® like I was, it is apparently the only filtered water from a pitcher that meets the FDA definition for purified bottled water.
I was expecting just a pitcher with a filtration system like you would see with most similar pitchers.. but I was pleasantly suprised when I opened the box and saw everything that comes with the pitcher:
The Pitcher comes with the following products:
- One ZeroWater® filter cartridge that removes contaminants that cause water to have an unpleasant taste.
- An independently made TDS Meter to give you peace of mind that your ZeroWater® filter cartridges are working properly. It also lets you know when to replace the filters. When your water starts reading 006 it’s time for a change.
- The one-chamber Pitcher with lid has a pour spout, exclusive in-fridge push button dispenser and a special storage compartment for the TDS Meter.
- More complete filtration than ordinary carbon filters
- Clean, crisp taste
- Includes one Pitcher, one filter, and one TDS meter.
I thought all water filter pitchers were the same, but boy was I wrong. We had used the PUR brand before and we had no problems, the water tasted good and we felt good about getting rid of the nasty stuff in the water. Now that we’ve used the ZeroWater Pitcher.. I’m a firm believer that not all water pitchers are the same.
My two favorite things about the ZeroWater Pitcher is
1.) There is a small valve on the bottom of the pitcher so that you can pour a glass of water without taking the entire pitcher out of the fridge. As a mom this not only saves me time but it’s very convenient.
2.) I love that it comes with a TDS Meter so that I know the filter is working properly and it will also let me know when it needs to be replaced.
3.) It’s probably the best water I’ve ever tasted.
What I liked least:
1.) It’s very slow when filtering the water.. it seemed like it took at least twice as long as our other filter.
The ZeroWater pitcher is probably one of the best filtered water pitchers on the market and it the water, after being filtered, tasted great. With it being a little slower than other filters I would recommend keepening a gallon jug or two of filtered water in the fridge so that you don’t run out so quickly.
Also a note.. when I used the TDS filter to get the numbers on both the tap water and the filtered water, I received 000 for the reading on the filtered water and 112 for the unfiltered tap water.