We’ve previously done reviews on VTech phones (VTech Ls5145 and VTech LS6217) and I’ve never had a complaint about Vtech phones, I’ve always enjoyed them and have never had any problems with them so when we were asked to be sent the new VTech DS6151 to review I was excited.
Did you know… According to a recent survey of more than 1,000 adults, conducted by Toluna and sponsored by VTech® Communications, 97 percent of Americans believe talking regularly is important for healthy relationships. Sixty-five percent want to use the phone more to stay in touch with friends and family – as opposed to popular tools such as email, texting and social networking. Highlighting the power of real conversations to enrich lives, VTech recently launched StayGrounded.com, a place where consumers can learn about building strong relationships with good communication.
* DECT 6.0 Digital technology provides the best sound quality, security and range in cordless phones
* 2-line operation
* Expandable up to 12 handsets and requires only one phone jack
* Dual caller ID/call waiting*—stores 50 calls
* Handset and base speakerphones—enjoy hands-free conversations
* Hearing aid compatible
* Interference free for crystal clear conversations
* Protect yourself from identity theft with digital security
* 13 Minutes of recording time
* Audible time and date stamp on recorded messages
* Digital answering system with a dedicated mailbox for each line – no tapes or moving parts
* Remote message retrieval—call in from anywhere to get your messages
* 50 name and number phonebook directory—easily store and dial frequently called numbers
* Conference an outside call between handsets
* Conference an outside call between lines
* Intercom between handsets—no more shouting, “Dinner Time!”
* Transfer calls between handsets—no more shouting, “It’s for you!”
* 100% RoHS compliant
* Blue backlit keypad and display
* ENERGY STAR® qualified cordless phone
* Handset volume control
* Page/handset locator
* Selectable ring tones
The VTech DS6151 is by far the best VTech phone I’ve used or reviewed. The one thing I noticed first was that the screen on this phone is larger than the others which is great. When we have grandmothers visit and they need to use the phone for something they always mention how small the text is to read but I know when they use the DS6151 they will have no problems being able to see the screen.
We tests the quality of the phone, took it outside and walked around to see how far we could go until we got the dreaded static since we are outside a lot with the kids we always take the phone with us in case someone calls. This is where the DS6151 surprised me. I was sure it’d reach the deck which is right outside the kitchen door but when my husband was all the way out by the back gates and he called me I could hear him clearly and there was no static on either end.
Unfortunately the DS6151 doesn’t come with a headset jack so if you need this feature you should check out other phones. Another disappointment we had was that the process of storing numbers using the menu was kind of timely. All in all though the phone is a great phone for use in the house if you don’t need the headset feature.
To purchase this phone please visit: www.vtechphones.com, receive a 10% discount on anything by using GROUNDED01 at checkout
One lucky Mom Fuse reader will win their very own VTech DS6151 phone!
Get Free Netflix Now
1.You Must – Visit StayGrounded.com (feel free to join in on the conversation! I know I will!) and leave a comment below to tell us why you want to win!
For Extra Entries:
1. Follow VTech on Twitter @VTech411
2. Sign up for the Mom Fuse newsletter. Once you’ve signed up and activated your subscription, come back here and leave a comment.
I just entered to win a cool new VTech Phone @momfuse!
6. Leave a comment on a NON-GIVEAWAY post here at Mom Fuse and comment on which article you commented on.
- Contest Ends 9/22
- U.S. & Canada Residents Only
- Comments not adhering to the rules will be deleted
- Good Luck!