What is Sitter Socials?
Sitter Socials connects parents to sitters both online with their sitter profile search and offline at their signature speed-meeting events. All of Sitter Socials sitters are over 18 and have gone through a background screening process. Sitter Socials is the only company offering online and offline services to busy parents.
What do I get with a membership to Sitter Socials?
With a membership you receive access to a database of sitters including sitter profiles, pictures, videos, and rating systems, free access to background checks and the ability to search sitters by experience, zip code and/or rate.
You’ll also receive access to Sitter Socials signature ‘face to face’ events held in towns across the country where parents ‘speed meet’ a whole group of babysitters at a local boutique to mix, mingle and further interview your favorites. The Socials offer great shopping discounts, snacks, gifts and more.
Ok, sounds good.. but how much does it cost?
Sitter Socials offers two membership options; $7.99/month for a yearly membership and $9.99/month for a quarterly membership. With the quarterly membership there’s a one time $15 membership fee. For more information about the Sitter Socials, visit www.sittersocials.com.
Sitter Socials also wanted to share these great tips with you:
TIPS TO MAKE SURE SITTER IS RIGHT FIT FOR YOUR FAMILY
1. Always Check References: Ask to review their background check and call
2. Conduct One on One Interviews: Ask important questions like do they have CPR training, what is their childcare experience, ages of children they’ve cared for, what is their approach to discipline, how would you handle an emergency, what kinds of activities do you enjoy doing with children, how
much do they charge.
3. Interaction with Your Children: Set up a preliminary sitter session where you can observe how the sitter interacts with your children and how your child responds to the sitter.
4. Clear Communication of Rules: Communicate your rules, expectations and forms of discipline. Make sure that the sitter is aligned with you on how you care for your child.
5. Trust Your Parental Instinct: In the end, you are the best person to choose who is the right fit for your family.
To celebrate Mother’s Day, SitterSocials.com is offering the ultimate gift – the gift of time, flexibility and balance. A free 3 month membership ($44.97 value) – available to 10 winners!
1. You must – Check out the Sitter Socials website, browse around and then come back here and let us know that you want to win and why!
For Extra Entries (optional):
1. Sign up for the free Sitter Socials newsletter, then come back here and let us know that you’ve signed up.
2. Spread the word! Blog about this giveaway, leave the link below. Don’t have a blog? You can Tweet, Plurk, post a bulletin on Myspace or Facebook, send an email..etc. Leave a separate comment for each “word-spreading” method you do!
Giveaway ends May 2nd, 2009. Winners will be selected and notified by email May 3rd, 2009.