We are huge oatmeal eaters at our house. We’re always trying the newest flavors so when I got the opportunity from Seneca Farms to review their Seneca Farms Oatmeal and Fruit, I couldn’t resist! And while breakfast is the most important meal of the day we usually have our oatmeal for breakfast!
Did you know that…
- Nearly 60% of U.S. parents of children ages 3-17 admit that their child skips breakfast, with more than half of U.S. Moms wishing their child ate a more nutritious breakfast.
- 58% of U.S. Moms say they skip breakfast regularly. 46% of Moms who skip breakfast say they do so because they do not have enough time to prepare or eat it.
- 57% of single adults say the number one reason they skip breakfast is that they don’t have enough time to prepare it.
- While 71% of U.S. adults agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, 67% of those admit to skipping breakfast.
* *Results of 2011 Children’s Nutrition Survey, conducted by Harris Interactive for Seneca Farms
Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit, which you can find at Walmart and in a wide variety of retail grocery stores, comes in a 6 ounce microwaveable cup that’s easy to prepare making it extremely convenient for us busy moms. It comes in a two pack with two separate microwaveable cups. The best part is.. you don’t need to add water, milk or other liquid, just pop it in the microwave for 45 seconds and you have a healthy, warm, nutritious breakfast or snack. The oats and fruit are larger so you’ll definitely get a good dose with each bite. Be sure to stir well after microwaving though so you get all that yummy goodness mixed up!
The Oatmeal & Fruit Cups come in four flavors: Apple Cinnamon, Vanilla Peach, Cranberry Apple and Maple & Brown Sugar. Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit has no trans fats or cholesterol, and is a great source of Vitamin C making it a healthy breakfast or snack option.