Halloween can provide an exciting evening full of fun-filled frights for kids, but it doesn’t have to be scary for parents who say “boo” to the sugar rush the holiday also brings. All that’s needed are some tricks for treating kids without going overboard with sweets – and Pirate’s Booty can help.
Pirate’s Booty, which is a baked – not fried – is an all natural snack made from puffed rice and corn. Pirate’s Booty has half the fat and a quarter less calories than regular potato chips and the snack is great for people with special diets since it’s gluten-free. Pirate’s Booty has lots of great flavor choices that can be ordered online!
Healthy Halloween tips from Pirate’s Booty:
- Fill ‘em up. Feed children a full, nutritious meal before heading out to trick-or-treat. That way they’ll be less likely to devour candy while out on the trail.
- Trade agreement. Offer coins or a coveted toy in place of the candy.
- Cavity cutback. Some dentist offices have actually started implementing candy buyback programs the day after Halloween. Kids receive a monetary reward, while the candy gets shipped to different organizations like U.S. troops abroad.
- Treat others. Donate sweets to a local food bank.
- Divide and conquer. Measure out the candy into individual serving sizes. Two to three little treats after a meal will fill that sweet tooth.
- A helping hand(out). Distribute non-candy treats such as a baked, low-fat snack like Pirate’s Booty.
This giveaway has ended. Winners:
1 susan says:
I would love this as a healthy snack for my family. suelee1998 @ gmail.com
2. Rachel Hammond says:October 31, 2010 at 7:27 pm
My Mom is obsessed with Pirates Booty…eats it every night for a snack…her birthday is coming up and it would make a nice (and funny) addition to her present…
2 lucky winners will win a treasure chest filled with jewels, eye patches, swords and of course, delicious Pirate’s Booty!
1. You Must! Leave a comment below letting us know why you want to win.
For Extra Entries: (Leave a separate comment for each extra entry below, please keep tweet entries to once per day.)
1. Tweet This:
Pirates Booty Halloween All Natural Snacks Giveaway http://bit.ly/bgYm39
2. Sign up for the Mom Fuse newsletter. Once you’ve signed up and activated your subscription, come back here and leave a comment.
5. Like or Fan Pirate’s Booty on Facebook.
6. Sign up for Pirate’s Booty Newsletter to get updated information and special offers.
- U.S. residents only
- Contest ends 11/5 – winner will be announced 11/6
- Comments not adhering to the rules will be deleted
- Good Luck!