What do your toys do for your kids? Most moms are interested in buying toys for their children that do more than simply entertain them. Studies demonstrate that play with the right toys can help children become more creative and make sense of their thoughts, feelings, and life experiences. If you have the right toys, your child can easily express what is on his or her mind.
Dr. Amy Wickstrom, play therapist and founder of More Than a Toy, has hand-picked toys that you can use to encourage your child’s social and emotional development. The bucket’s contents include Crayola crayons, pad of paper, child-safe scissors, package of glue sticks, Play-Doh, silly putty, a baby doll, play money, and more.
For a limited time, More Than a Toy is also giving away a free copy of the “Let’s Talk Toys” ebook to
anyone who signs up for the More Than a Toy newsletter at http://www.morethanatoy.com. Written by Dr. Amy, the ebook talks about which toys are good for expressing which emotion and toys that you should avoid. It will help you learn how to best use the toys in the toy bucket!
For those who need extra help with their children, Dr. Amy offers a 6 week online PlayWorks course. This online parenting class includes access to short, inspiring podcasts, real videotaped play therapy sessions, fun family activities, a parenting journal, and more!
It’s designed to be done on your own schedule in quick and easy, bite-size pieces. For less than the cost of a single counseling session, you can discover why so many parents fail in their effort to connect with their children and eliminate their bad behavior. It’s time to get serious about parenting, and it’s time to make it fun.
One lucky winner will receive a bucket of handpicked toys that nurture emotional and social growth. The bucket’s contents include Crayola crayons, pad of paper, child-safe scissors, package of glue sticks, Play-Doh, silly putty, a baby doll, play money, and more.
For Extra Entries: (optional.. leave a separate link for all extra entries you do)
1. Follow More Than A Toy on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/morethanatoy
2. Fan More Than A Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/More-Than-a-Toy/113677325317732
3. Tweet: Win a bucket full of toys that nurture emotional and social growth! http://nblo.gs/fU7ca
4. Follow Mom Fuse on Twitter
5. Become a fan of the Mom Fuse Facebook page.
6. Vote for Mom Fuse on Picket Fence Blogs. You can do this once per day.
7. Join us on Google Friend Connect.
8. Enter one of our other lovely giveaways.
9. Sign up for the Mom Fuse newsletter. Once you’ve signed up and activated your subscription, come back here and leave a comment.
- Contest Ends 4/1
- U.S. Residents Only
- Comments not adhering to the rules will be deleted
- Good Luck