In our last #delicousmoments post we let you know some fun dates you wouldn’t want to miss out on this month. With July comes hot weather and in our house that means it’s the perfect time for ice cream!
Last month we also introduced Clare Crespo; the awe-inspiring mom who has some fun food ideas on her site www.Yummyfun.com as she inspires families to get creative in the kitchen. She has collaborated with Breyers to bring you some simple ways to make the most of family time this season. We thought these were great ideas so I wanted to share them with you as well!
- Make a date: And keep it! Dedicating time once a week is a great way to build family time into your schedule. The old reliable Sunday Movie Night works or you can even seek out outdoor movie nights in your local community now that the weather is warm.
- Drop the device: When time is limited, it’s important to make the most of it. Set the example byunplugging from your phone or work to pay attention to each other. One technology I’ll make an exception for? Cameras – there’s nothing better than capturing all of the great moments together.
- Start a tradition: In my house, family comes together in the kitchen. One of our favorite traditions is creating a sundae bar where my kids can make their own creations. One of our favorites is the Unfried Ice Cream Donuts, a tasty indulgence that includes toasted cinnamon cereal, some Breyers® ice cream and a little bit of chocolate ice cream sauce. (will include linkonce recipe is live online)
- Take it outside: Don’t take the lazy days of summer too literally! Take advantage of the weather and enjoy the outdoors. Attend a fair, throw a Frisbee or just take a nightly walk around the neighborhood to make the most of your hiatus from packed school schedules.
- Keep it simple: Pressed for time or funds? Get kids involved in everyday tasks by letting them help with dinner or packing lunches together. (Reward? They get to include a snack.) Finding ways for them to help out allows for even more time together.
More About Clare Crespo
Clare Crespo inspires families to get creative in the kitchen. In addition to “A Very Veggie World,” Clare has penned “The Secret Life of Food” and “Hey There, Cupcake!” She has also created a set of children’s DVDs called “The Yummyfun Kooking Series.” She feeds fun food ideas to fans on her website, www.Yummyfun.com, and has written many recipes, activities and party ideas. She resides in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter.
Follow her online at: