Here is a simple and light lemon spaghetti recipe that your whole family can enjoy. I tried this over the weekend and my toddler daughter loved it! She’s always been a fan of anything with lemons, but this was a new twist. I saw this recipe on Food Network’s, Everyday Italian, where they suggested serving it up as a side dish with fish.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to blend. Set the lemon sauce aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the spaghetti to the lemon sauce, and toss with basil and lemon zest. Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten.
- Season the pasta with more salt and pepper. Serve
Posted by Nicole Ibarrondo, former editor here at Mom Fuse
Get Free Netflix Now