After we wrote about some cool iPhone Apps for moms (Part 1), we received a few emails about more iPhone apps that were out and would be beneficial to moms and parents alike. So we’ve added them to our Part 2 list of apps for moms and this one includes a bonus giveaway!
(If you’re a mommy with an iPod Touch or iPhone we’d love to hear what your favorite App is! Leave us a comment and let us know!)
Baby Brain (The iPhone App for Parents) – This app allows you to not only log (but also analyze, share via email, view stats) diapers, feedings and sleep with just a tap.
- – Easily track feedings, diapers, and sleep.
- – Tracks both breastfeeding and bottles.
- – Easy to use! Log feedings, diapers, sleep with just a tap.
- – At a glance see when your baby was last fed, and on which side!
- – Easily view logs from prior days, weeks and even months.
- – Email reports to spouses, doctors, and nannies/sitters.
- – Track as many babies as you like.
- – A Breastfeeding Timer that runs while you check email or the web!
CPR Coach – An interactive, real-time talking first aid software. Uses Yes/No questions to deliver step-by-step instructions for over 30 medical emergencies within 12 trauma categories. Powerful source of refresher training to improve skill retention. Or, with the simple touch of the screen, any individual can receive real-time training in first aid and basic life support procedures.
This copyrighted and patented software will quickly help you assist victims for the following medical emergencies: Allergic reactions, Assessment of airway, breathing and circulation, Amputations, Bleeding emergencies, Protruding objects, Gunshot wounds, Stab wounds, Abdominal/open chest injuries, Nosebleeds, Breathing emergencies, Burn Emergencies, Heat/thermal, Chemical, Electrical/lightning, Flash, Cardiac events, CPR for Lay Rescuers, Adult/Child/Infant/Newborn, Includes pacing of compressions and integration with AED, Choking emergencies (adult/child, infant, obese/pregnant), Contusions, Diabetic emergencies, Dental emergencies (knocked out tooth), Emergency childbirth, Eye injuries, Head/neck/spine injuries and airway management, Heat illness and overexertion, Hypothermia and frostbite, Multiple injury assessment, Near-drowning incidents, Poisoning emergencies, Seizure emergencies, Shock, Stroke events
Also contains:Department of Homeland Security guidelines for chemical/biological/radiation threats.Compliant with American Heart Association, American Red Cross, Medic First Aid, Coast Guard and 911 and training organization protocols.
Kid Songs Kwiz Game – A popular game among kids where a song plays and they have to match up the song to a picture. They can compete against the clock to see how fast they can guess the song or just play for the pure fun without a timer. With dozens of great songs, it’ll keep your young one happy during those car rides or any time!
Photogene – Photogene is about improving your digital photos and having fun while at it. This intuitive, easy to use application offers a comprehensive set of professional editing tools, some include:
– Crop. Fixed aspect ratios are optional
– Special effects & Frames
– Text bubbles of different styles, colors and fonts (just drag and place them wherever you like)
Classics – Escape into some of the greatest stories ever written and read a digital copy of great classic books such as the Illiad, The Wizard of Oz, Pride & Prejudice, A Christmas Carol (illustrated), 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Robinson Crusoe, The Jungle Book and many more.
• An intuitive and elegantly designed reading experience with realistic 3D page flips that track to your finger. You can even drag a bit to take a peek at the next page, or finish reading a sentence as you start turning!
• Flick up and down in your virtual bookcase to view your collection, tap a book to open, and tap and hold to drag and sort your books
• Tap the table of contents button on the top right for quick navigation between chapters
• View how far you are in a book at a glance with a subtle progress display integrated into the top bar
• Classics automatically remembers your place with a satin bookmark when exiting the app or book
• Options to toggle ‘page flip’ animation to a more minimal ‘slide’, and to turn the page flip sound off and on can be found in your iPhone’s settings application