Does dad love steak? How about pizza? If yes, then we have something that will knock his socks off! This recipe was shared with us by McCormick, the makers of Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning.. which is fantastic by the way. If you haven’t tried out the Montreal Steak Seasoning I highly recommend it.. we love the flavor it gives out steaks and other meats.
Image Source: Pxhere
Grilled Steak Lover’s Pizza
What You Need
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 4 teaspoons Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough or frozen dough, thawed or 1 prepared thin pizza crust (12-inch)
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with 3 teaspoons of the Montreal Steak Seasoning. Brush vegetables with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Grill steak over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Grill vegetables 6 to 8 minutes or until tender-crisp. Cut steak and vegetables into bite-size pieces. Mix cheese and remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning in small bowl.
- Stretch or roll pizza dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- Layer crust with 1/2 of the cheese, grilled steak, vegetables and remaining cheese. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet. Slice and serve immediately.