We are huge cereal eaters in our house, the kids love to snack on Cheerios throughout the day and my husband and I often have a bowl of cereal for a snack, not to mention our morning bowls of cereal. I love when General Mills does the retro packaging because it’s cool to see the different art and how the boxes looked way back when.
Last year we celebrated with giveaways and this year Mom Fuse will be giving away a Retro Prize Pack each week for five weeks while we feature some fun facts about our favorite cereals! General Mills was kind enough to provide us with a box of each of the five cereals and a $10 Target Gift Card for the promotion.
While supplies last, Target stores nationwide will carry five limited-edition General Mills Big G cereal boxes featuring fun “Retro” package designs and cartoons from the 50s, 60s and 80s. This year, the packaging was chosen based on a national survey conducted by General Mills, which asked consumers to pick their favorite Retro package designs. The top packages chosen include Cheerios® (1956), Trix® (1968), Honey Nut Cheerios® (1984), Cinnamon Toast Crunch® (1984) and Lucky Charms® (1989).
- Academy Awards Best Film: Around the World in Eighty Days
- Rock and Roll dance craze sweeps the World
- Elvis Presley enters the US music charts for the first time, with “Heartbreak Hotel,” the first of 170 hit singles
- “My Fair Lady” opens on Broadway starring Julie Andews as Eliza Doolittle and Rex Harrison as Professor Higgins
- Gas per Gallon: 22 cents
- Alabama Bus segregation laws declared illegal by US Supreme Court
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the Federal Aid Highway Act, creating the Interstate Highway System
Popular Fads/Products etc:
- Black-and-white portable TV sets hit the market
- he first Transatlantic Telephone Cable goes in operation
- The first commercial videotape recorder the VR-1000 from Ampex Corp goes on sale
- The hard disk drive is invented by an IBM team led by Reynold B. Johnson
The package promotion on each of the cereal boxes features Retro cartoons. For more “Retro” fun, you can go to www.grocerysavvy.com and view some cartoons from the past, while enjoying a fun morning with family and friends over breakfast.
This giveaway has ended.
I like “The King And Me”.
Each week we’ll host a different giveaway and a winner will be chosen. Winner will receive a 1 package of each of the five limited edition boxes of General Mills Big G cereals and a $10 Target Gift Card
Visit Grocery Savvy, view some of the classics and let us know which cartoon episode was your favorite.
For Extra Entries:
1. Blog about this giveaway with a link to the giveaway here.
2. Sign up for the Mom Fuse newsletter. Once you’ve signed up and activated your subscription, come back here and leave a comment.
3.Tweet This: General Mills Retro Pack Giveaway http://nblo.gs/eP1eo (You can do this once per day.)
4. Follow Mom Fuse on Twitter
5. Become a fan of the Mom Fuse Facebook page.
6. Vote for Mom Fuse on Picket Fence Blogs. You can do this once per day.
7. Follow MomFuse on Networked Blogs.
8. Join us on Google Friend Connect.
- Contest Ends 3/5
- U.S. Residents Only
- Comments not adhering to the rules will be deleted
- Good Luck