There is no one person who does not hate blackheads. While just about anybody can suffer from blackheads, it is adolescents and teenagers who battle them most. From steaming to facials, there are a number of remedies that claim to help get rid of blackheads, but how many of them really work? Read on for more details on some of the most tried and tested home remedies to treat blackheads naturally.
Before we begin with the remedies, let us tell you what blackheads really are! Simply put, in layman terms, blackheads are nothing but clogged hair follicles. They appear when dirt, grime and sebum clog the pores and form a plug. These blackheads start as yellow or brown bumps and then turn into black due to oxidization.
Image Source: Pixabay
Easy-Peasy Remedies to Treat Blackheads
Baking Soda: You use it to cook, now use it to cure blackheads too! Yes, you heard it right! Baking soda is a wonderful way to get rid of blackheads naturally. It has antiseptic properties and is soft on the skin.
- Throw in a tablespoon of baking soda in a ceramic bowl. Pour in a few drops of water and make a lump free paste.
- Apply this t blackhead affected areas and let it stay on till it dries.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Use this remedy at least twice a week to remove all debris from the pores.
Honey and Milk Strips: Honey and milk make a great refreshing drink. This very combination can work wonders in clearing up the most stubborn blackheads. Honey has anti-bacterial properties while milk keeps the skin soft and supple.
- Mix a spoon of organic honey with a teaspoon of milk.
- Next, heat this for about 10 seconds and blend it thoroughly.
- Apply a thin layer of this mixture once it has cooled down on blackhead stricken areas.
- Let it stay for a good 2 minutes and peel off like you would with a facial mask
- Rinse it off with cold water.
You may do this once or twice a week, till all the blackheads are gone. This is a safe to use remedy that works wonders in getting rid of blackheads.
Cinnamon: This herb has been used since time immemorial in the treatment of blackheads. It helps in improving circulation too, and thus renders your skin a smooth and very healthy glow.
- Mix a pinch of cinnamon powder in a teaspoon or two of lemon juice. You may also add a few drops of lemon juice and half a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply this evenly on your face and let it stay on for at least 15 minutes, before you wash it off with lukewarm water.
Follow this remedy every day for at least 10 days and you will see remarkable changes.
Toothpaste: A very cheap yet effective way of removing blackheads. All you need to do is to apply some mint toothpaste on your nose and let it stay till it has dried up. Then wipe this clean using a clean wet washcloth.
These remedies have worked for several men and women across the globe, in getting rid of blackheads naturally and safely. They also are gentle and do not dry up the skin. Try them today!