This review and giveaway was written by Kailani from An Island Review – for more great product reviews and giveaways, please visit Kailani’s blog – An Island Review
Kailani is giving away one Dot Girl First Period pack to one of her lucky readers, click HERE for your chance to win!
And what is Dot Girl?
From the site: “Our goal at Dot Girl First Period Products is that every girl has a positive first period experience and an empowered first step to womanhood. Terri and Kathy’s goal for the kit is to provide parents with the tools you need to explain the basics of menstruation to your daughters. And for the girls, they hope that having the kit will lessen their anxiety about their first period and instead turn it into a positive experience.”
My daughters are still too young to be thinking about their first periods but I do have a niece who had her very first period last month. Her Mom is a flight attendant who was away on a trip at the time and I think it would have been great if my niece had a Dot Girl kit at home for this very special occasion. Thankfully, Grandma was available to help but she’s now ready for next month with her cute little pink First Period Kit.
She really likes it because it looks just like a small pretty bag and no one would even guess what was in there. She can keep it in her school bag or locker and know that she’ll be prepared for the next time. The $23.99 kit contains:
- The Dot Girl’s First Period Guide™, a 12-page booklet with answers to common questions
- The Dot Girl’s Period Calendar™, a simple way for a girl to track her periods
- One Ultra Thin Kotex® Pad With Wings upgraded item
- Two Kotex® Lightdays® Panty Liners upgraded item
- Kotex® product brochure (product claims only valid within the U.S.) new item
- One store coupon for FREE Kotex® products (valid only within the U.S.) new item
- Reusable Dot Girl™ Warm Pad, a heating pad handy for soothing cramps upgraded item
- Scensibles™ Petite Pak (3 disposal bags inside) new item
- Hand Wipes
This is a special and sometimes scary time in a girl’s life. Why not make things a little easier for her with a Dot Girl’s First Period Kit. They’ll thank you for it!
Posted by Nicole Ibarrondo, former editor here at Mom Fuse