As if one chocolate wasn’t enough…try this Chocolate Chocolate Biscotti recipe submitted by Aimee from Shake Your Bon Bon’s. Store them in a nice decorated tin and give them as a gift to a lucky hostess for the holidays! If you haven’t entered yet, click HERE, to win one pound of Aimee’s Homemade Peppermint Crunch Fudge! (Hurry, contest ends tomorrow 12/5) Be sure to check out the Shake Your Bon Bon’s site for more yummy recipes, heavenly handmade chocolates and many other delicious gifts!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (5 ounce) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
Directions (to chocolate heaven) –
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar, margarine and olive oil until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and egg substitute. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate pieces. Cover, and chill dough for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Roll each piece into a log about 9 inches long. Place the logs onto the prepared cookie sheets about 4 inches apart. Flatten each one down to 1 inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until firm. Cool on sheets for 15 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Move the cookie loaves to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice each loaf crosswise into 3/4 inch slices. Return slices to the baking sheet cut side down and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until dry and lightly toasted. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Thank you Aimee! – Shake your Bon Bon’s
Posted by Nicole Ibarrondo, former editor here at Mom Fuse