I love working with Britax as I think they have one of the safest car seat lines out of the market so I was excited to review their Advocate 70 CS car seat.
One of my favorite features of this car seat is the SafeCell Technology which is designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat. This is something that can tremendously help in the event of an accident.
The Advocate 70 CS is also certified for aircraft travel, has a 70-pound weight capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows, and includes a tangle-free, five-point harness that provides a safe and secure fit.
More Product Features
- Side Impact Cushion Technology features energy-absorbing cushions on the exterior of the child seat to reduce side impact crash energy by 45% by diverting crash forces away from your child and providing extra protection for the adjacent passenger
True Side Impact Protection offers a head restraint creating an extra layer of energy-absorbing foam, keeping the head, neck and spine “in true” or aligned, and deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body
- Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator is an audible aid that provides extra assurance when the harness is within range of appropriate snugness
- Harness Ultra Guard System (HUGS™) provides resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Plush, Easy-Remove Cover with matching comfort pads and infant body pillow to provide extra comfort and easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
- Harness Holders keep harness straps pulled to the sides when placing your child in the car seat
As I said before I love Britax and all the great safety feature their seats come with.. I would recommend their car seats to anyone. In face we do have a couple of friends who will be getting a Britax car seat from us later this year for their baby shower. There are quite a few good reviews on the website as well about the safety and some of the experiences other moms have had with this particular car seat and other Britax seats, I can’t say that I’ve ever heard anything bad about the Britax brand either.