- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
- To make the crust: Cream shortening, sugar, one egg, milk and almond extract in a large bowl. Mix in flour and baking powder, stirring constantly. Spread crust evenly in baking pan. Top with blueberries.
- To make the topping: In a medium bowl, beat two eggs, and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and almond extract. Spread over blueberries.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Cool in pan before cutting.
This was a guest post written by Aimee Plesa from Shake Your Bon Bons