Here’s what Mom Fuse “Mommy Reviewer” Connie, from MiscellaneousFinds4U, had to say about Aravon Shoes…
Aravon Shoes – Comfort with Style and Great Durability!
I’m old – I no longer pick my shoes by style, I pick by comfort. I can’t help it, when my feet hurt, nothing is right. I’ve become hooked on comfy, but expensive, and not always great looking Clark’s of England. I probably have 10 pairs of their sandals because I wear them year-round. Yes, I live in Seattle, so I do occasionally wear them with socks, but that just makes them more comfortable.
My problem with Clark’s is that they wear out much too fast for an expensive shoe. The springiness in the sole gives way after about 6 months of wearing. Now again, I have lots of them, so I rarely wear any single pair more than once or twice a week, so to me, they’re just not long-lasting enough.
I’ve been afraid to try other shoes because of the cost involved, opting for the tried and true Clark’s. That is until now. I received a pair of Aravon shoes and I’m a total convert now! I received a pair of Phoebe’s, a three-strap slingback with Stridarc sole shoe that’s stylish and comfortable and the best part is it’s durable! Now I’ve only been wearing them a few weeks, but the sole is sturdy, and yet cushy and comfortable at the same time.
Aravon is a division of New Balance Athletic Shoe company. No wonder they’re comfortable and durable! I love New Balance tennis shoes and both my mother and I have been wearing them for years! Under the Aravon name they offer sandals, pumps, loafers and clogs.
The Phoebe sandals I received are a bit large – I think they run a 1/2 size large, however, they only come in full sizes. That wasn’t a problem for me because it was easy to customize them to my feet with the three adjustable hook and loop straps. To make them comfortable, I slid my foot forward and tightened the heel strap while loosening the toe strap. That put my foot in the perfect position and they’re a joy to walk in. Should I have any issues with feet swelling – something I suffer from because of a neurological disorder – I can easily loosen any one or all of the three straps for a perfect fit.
They are leather and as a vegetarian I try to avoid leather goods. I was substituting pleather for years until I was told it’s more harmful to the environment. It’s not easy for me, and I do prefer vegan shoes when possible, but I do wear and enjoy these. They are different than most leather sandals. They have a coating or covering on them that’s like a clear plastic coating that gives them a sheen. I also appreciate the anti-bactieral protection the afford – face it, feet stink! The soft leather lining of the upper and the topcover of the VelocorTM footbed both deter bacteria. Less bacteria means less smell and healthier feet!
Aravon carries a full line of footwear – shoes for work, play, and relaxing. The styles are fabulous and they come in a huge array of colors. Check out their Spring Collection for the newest styles. Aravon shoes are available at New Balance stores, fine shoe stores, and from many online retailers including Amazon.com.
- 1-1/4″ heels
- Stridarc heeled rocker sole – Stridarc heeled, rocker-sole shoes feature a full-length Velocor footbed made of polyurethane in the heel, Abzorb in the forefoot, and a layer of luxurious Primalux
comfort cushion under the leather topcover.
- Abzorb® cushioning in the forefoot – Abzorb works within a finely tuned system of support and motion control. No matter where Abzorb is placed, its role is to disperse shock and ease stress
on heels, ankles and the forefoot, which also benefits the legs, knees and hips.
- PrimaluxTM comfort cushion topcover – Primalux is a high-density, viscoelastic foam similar to that used in ultra- comfortable foam mattresses. As the layer just under the lining of the footbed, Primalux comfort cushion gently but firmly conforms to the foot, dispersing pressure and giving you that custom-fit feel.
- Removable VelocorTM footbed with stability cradle – The full-length wedge sandal footbed is made of EVA with a stability cradle, Abzorb cushioning and a layer of Primalux comfort cushion under the leather topcover.
- Soft-seam lining to avoid irritation – n Aravon shoes, seams in the soft, supple lining of the upper have been kept to a minimum. Those that are required have been pounded smooth and insightfully placed to avoid causing irritation.
- Ionact® antibacterial protection – All interior surfaces of Aravon shoes are treated with Ionact antibacterial protection. The soft leather lining of the upper and the topcover of the VelocorTM footbed deter bacteria, reduce foot odor and help maintain a healthy environment for the feet. All you ever feel within Aravon shoes is a single, silky sockliner.
I recommend these sandals because of their comfort, style, and durability. They’re my NEW! favorite sandals! I wear them with jeans, dress pants, and skirts. Oh, and socks are NOT necessary!
– Connie @ MiscellaneousFinds4U