February is American Heart Month and this year the American Heart Association has partnered with the creators of the award-winning cooking app iCookbook to launch a new heart-healthy recipe app for the iPad, Go Red For Women Recipes for the Heart Magazine 2013 – Publications International, Ltd.
The Go Red 2013 Recipes for the Heart app contains more than 50 recipes for main dishes, soups, salads, side dishes, snacks, and more designed to inspire all women to make daily food choices with their heart in mind. Offering nutritional analysis with diabetic exchanges, alongside beautiful full color photography, Go Red 2013 Recipes for the Heart also provides information on the Go Red For Women movement, healthy lifestyle recommendations from the American Heart Association, and warning signs for heart attack and stroke.
Additional features include:
- Tales From the Heart: Real-life stories and videos from women who have taken control of their heart health.
- Know Your Numbers and Your Risk: Learn about the health factors that affect your risk for heart disease and stroke and the importance of early heart-health screening.
- Ask the Expert: Professional advice from Dr. Vyshali Rao, Go Red For Women spokesperson.
- Preparation Tips: “How-to” videos covering topics such as preparing fresh herbs, blanching tomatoes, and more.
- Get Involved: Learn how you can get involved with the American Heart Association to help fight heart disease.
Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Buy It: Go Red For Women Recipes for the Heart Magazine 2013 – Publications International, Ltd.