1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
3/4 cup multicolored candy sprinkles (jimmies), as desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease or line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl until light colored and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Add food coloring, if desired. Gradually mix in the confectioners’ sugar, flour, and salt to make a smooth dough.
- Place dough into cookie press cylinder fitted with 1 inch sawtooth ribbon disk. Press dough into long strips on prepared cookie sheets. Use a paring knife dipped into flour to score the strips every two inches.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges are slightly golden, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly, and cut along score lines while they are still warm. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt white chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler placed over medium heat, or in the microwave. Add food coloring, if desired. Spread white chocolate icing on the bottom of one cookie and place the bottom of a second cookie into the icing to form a sandwich. Place cookie sandwich onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat to assemble remaining cookies, and refrigerate on the baking sheet 10 minutes to set icing. Remove and dip ends of cookies into white chocolate, then into candy sprinkles. Place cookies on wax paper until white chocolate is set.