With my MIL away in Puerto Rico for the holidays I finally had a chance to do some snooping around in her kitchen and hoard some of her recipes to share with a few close friends, lol. (Sherry, if your reading this, I promise, this is a private post, your secret is safe!) Now that that’s out of the way, here is a great Latin inspired recipe for stuffed shrimp, great for holidays & parties!
16-18 raw jumbo shrimp, deveined but with tails left in the shell
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium green bell pepper,finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 sweet chili peppers, chopped
1 16 oz. can chopped mushrooms, drained
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make a slit on the inside of the shrimp with a sharp knife, open to create a small space for the stuffing.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add green bell peppers, garlic, onion and the chile peppers, saute until tender. Stir in mushrooms and cook about 3 minutes.
4. Stuff shrimp with the veggie mixture.
5. Arrange shrimp in a greased baking dish and bake at 400 until they become pink, no more than 15 minutes. Serve over rice.
Posted by Nicole Ibarrondo, former editor here at Mom Fuse