I will admit that I growing up I wasn’t too concerned with being healthy, I mean I played sports in school and got my exercise that way but then came college, marriage and the kids and it seems like time really got away from me. In the last year or so I have had some health issues that have made me think about my life and become a more healthy person.
Why I Try To Live A Healthy Active Lifestyle
1) The twins. I’d like to be around as long as I can to see our kids grow up and experience life with them. I also want them to see us living a healthy lifestyle so they will see the importance and carry that on for themselves when they get older.
2) For my health. I’m currently undergoing lots of lab work and visiting specialists because something is just not right in my body. They are looking for auto immune diseases that I’m hoping not to have, unfortunately the symptoms and lab results are leaning that way.
3) To get better rest. I tend to do my exercising at night because it seems to make me tired enough that I can actually sleep through the night.
4) To be stress-free. This isn’t always avoidable but when I’m stressed exercising really helps me keep my sanity and puts my mind at ease.
5) To support my husband. My husband recently had to go on a more heart-healthy diet so we eat a lot more healthy foods to support him, but it’s something we can all do in our household to lead a more healthy lifestyle.
When I had the twins going for walks was one of my favorite stress relieving things to do, I also used it as a great excuse to get out of the house with with the twins. As I was walking I would do stroller workouts to get even more exercise.
Are you an active healthy person? What are your reasons for living an active healthy lifestyle?
Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target.