Sardines may not be every kids first choice, but from what I read, they are a healthy one, packed with Omega 3 and energy boosting antioxidants. I’ve also found some great tips on how to get your kids to love these little critters and I’ve even tried this quick, easy and frugal recipe that my daughter seems to love.
Sardines With Garlic Oil
- 12 fresh sardines
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- fresh herbs of your choice – dill, parsley, cilantro, etc.
- lemon slice, to serve
- Sprinkle the sardines with salt about 20 minutes before cooking
- Brush lightly with oil and cook on a grill rack or under the broiler, turning once, until just done, 8-10 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat the remaining oil and add the garlic. Pour the hot garlic oil over the fish and serve at once, garnish with the herbs and lemon.
- Serve over salad or alone.