If I had to choose one word to describe Thanksgiving , besides “Thanks” or “Giving” , it would have to be “Yummy!” , which also is a great word to describe this Pumpkin Spice Cake! I made another variation of this last Thanksgiving and lost the recipe , but with the exception of the Honey Icing , this recipe is almost exact to mine. I have a feeling that the honey icing really , well , puts the icing on the cake…pun intended! Thanks to my unknowingly good friend Martha Stewart , I can share this delicious dessert with you!
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Honey Frosting
For the cake –
For the icing –
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin-pie spice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin puree until combined. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, and mix gently until smooth.
- Turn batter into prepared pan, and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool cake 10 minutes in pan, then turn out of pan, and cool completely, right side up, on a rack.
- Make Honey Frosting: In a medium bowl, whisk butter, cream cheese, and honey until smooth.
- Spread top of cooled cake with honey frosting. Cut cake into squares to serve. Enjoy!
Source – www.marthastewart.com