KidMix – A new kids social media network for kids ages 5-12. With social networking all the rage these days, it’s no surprise that KidMix has come up with a one-of-a-kind social network platform designed specifically for the younger children. They’ve also incorporated a playdate planner in the social platform just for parents so that they can plan upcoming playdates with friends and family.
This new kids social media network was created as a way to offer the ability to connect with their friends and for parents to plan their own playdates all within a private, parentally monitored environment. When it comes to the playdate aspect, KidMix enables kids to plan their own playdates and parents can simply accept, decline, or modify them. By default, parents must approve the child’s friend connections, playdate invitations, and photos being shared.
Image Source: Spangdahlem
KidMix – New Kids Social Media Network Features
The KidMix Profile:
- Kids can post status updates, photos, and emojis, profile pictures can be updated using real photos or other images with parent approval
- Kids can select their favorite Fun Facts for friends to see, like and comment on their friend’s updated and share SmartZone articles with their friends
- Real-Time feed displays updates from Friends and their activities
- Encourages physical play with friends & empowers kids to learn how to handle logistics and scheduling
- Kids can plan playdates with current friends and easily connect with new ones, the playdates will appear on kid’s calendar
- Great way for kids to engage with classmates, teammates, and others and coordinate online play with friends instead of playing with strangers
With the KidMix social media platform, kids can learn to gain their independence and the ability to learn how to use social media in a safe positive way. It also allows children to maintain relationships by sharing their thoughts through status updates that can include photos and emojis.
The app also includes an area called the SmartZone which is a fun place to view and share entertaining and educational videos suited for the younger population. The videos are closely monitored and have no external links within the video or descriptions.
KidMix has two levels of security that parents can choose:
- Trusted – Gives the child full access to KidMix with keyboard accessibility for status updates and commenting.
- Limited – For younger children and those that need more help with communication, this limits the ability to type and requires the child to choose from a list of specific comments for status updates and responding to their friend’s posts.
Of course parents can monitor all activity using the integrated parent dashboard that allows parents full access to all of their child’s activity and the ability to directly message their children on both iOS and Android platforms.