Detox Your Skin
Healthy skin is one of the best indicators of a healthy body. Your skin is your body’s largest organ, and its health is influenced by many different things. When you consider that your skin is one of your body’s ways of protecting itself and keeping itself healthy, it becomes even more important to take good care of it. Many people are already aware of the changes that can take place in the skin from having good skin care habits. However, not everyone realizes that, just as what you put on your skin can affect your skin’s health and appearance, so can what you put in your body. Adopting healthy eating habits or following a detox plan can give your skin the extra boost it needs to be at its healthiest and most luminous. Here are some ways you can detox your skin from the inside out.
Image Source: Flickr
Cut Out Unhealthy Foods
• In general, convenience foods like fast foods and processed foods are not healthy choices for your body or your skin. Cut them out of your diet, and you will be ingesting fewer unhealthy ingredients, leaving more room in your diet for healthy ones.
• Another area in your diet that may need adjusting is your use of sweeteners. Both refined sugars and artificial sweeteners are bad for you. Instead of relying on refined sugars or artificial sweeteners, consider reaching for a piece of fruit instead.
Image Source: Flickr
Stock Your Kitchen with Healthy Foods
• The best way to ensure that you eat healthy foods is to have them available in your kitchen at all times. You can’t eat what’s not available to you. Planning ahead and shopping before you’re hungry will help you make healthy food choices and set you on the path to detox success.
Watch Your Fluid Intake
• Your body is made of up to 65% water. Water is the best beverage of choice for your skin. Instead of reaching for sugary or caffeinated beverages, have a glass of water with lemon. Not only will it taste refreshing, it will also help both your body’s digestion and its detoxification.
Enjoy a Wide Variety of Healthy Foods
• Fruits and veggies are excellent choices for helping to detox your skin. Eat a wide variety of them every day. A good way to look at it is to try to eat as many different colors of fruits and veggies as you can in a day.
• Incorporate healthy fats into your diet. Good examples of healthy fats are a serving of nuts, a drizzle of olive oil over a salad or a piece of grilled salmon.
If you follow these guidelines to detoxing your body, you’ll find that your skin will be considerably healthier. It will be clearer and less congested with clogged pores and blackheads. Pair a healthy diet with a good skin care plan that includes a gentle cleanser, a mild toner, a sensitive moisturizer and haloxyl for dark circles under your eyes, and you’ll feel lighter, healthier and more refreshed.