There are so many reasons to get excited about fall! For the Mama’s out there it means no more summer vacation and kids are back in school (can I get an amen??) and back to a routine. Don’t get me wrong I love the lazy days of summer, but after a couple of months of being hither and yon and having lazy kids meandering aimlessly around the house letting you know how bored they are, I crave the normalcy and tidiness that comes from routine. For me and for them!
Also….PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING! I know, it can be a bit obnoxious and in your face with it being a marketing thing and all, but there’s just something about it that feels cozy and comforting, and full of so much deliciousness.
The air is crisp which means bring on all of the chunky sweaters, wooly socks, cozy blanket scarves and adorable fall boots.
And then there’s the plaid. There’s just something about it that’s charming, woodsy and outdoorsy, but so comfy and cute…wouldn’t you agree?
The colors are stunning; everywhere you look there are reds, oranges, yellows, and browns; the beauty is undeniable! And who doesn’t love the feel of fallen leaves crunching under your feet as you walk? Or a romp in a pile of leaves? Please, just take a crunchy walk this fall.
Image Source: Pixabay
My 5 Fave Fall Fashion Feels ~
- Plaid Anything ~ There are so many ways to wear plaid; with jeans or with leggings, buttoned or unbuttoned, rolled sleeves or unrolled, dressed up or dressed down, tied around your waist…the options are many!
- A Cute Pair of Boots (or 2 or 3!) ~ Again, a plethora of options when it comes to boots between ankle boots and wedges, riding boots and rubber boots, and the ever popular UGG!. My personal fave for every day wear are Hunter’s. They just look so darn cute!
- Blanket Scarf ~ Okay seriously, everyone needs to have at least one of these versatile scarves. There are so many ways to wear one and if that wasn’t convincing enough, they are super cozy and can give that extra something to an outfit.
- Boot Socks and a Beanie ~ I have this obsession with cozy tall socks and since it’s boot season I have every excuse I need to wear them ALL the time! And nothing takes the edge off the chill like a cute beanie that is warm but also fashionable. I side to the ‘floppy’ styles but go for the look that suits you best!
- A Warm Vest ~ Again, versatile enough to throw on with a number of different outfits and is such a sweet look!
Every season is certainly not without it’s own beauty, but there is something extra special about fall. I just wish it didn’t come and go so fast; if you aren’t mindful, you just might miss it.
One more thing… Can you all just do me a favor and have ‘pumpkin spice’ something! There are so many amazing and delicious baked goodies for those with a sweet tooth, or just go ahead and order the pumpkin spice latte already!